Artworks have been added to favourites 60 times.
The Öffentliche Kunstsammlung Basel, the municipal art collection of Basel, dates back to 1661, when the city acquired the Amerbach Cabinet. It grew steadily over the centuries, necessitating several relocations within Basel. The Hauptbau on St. Alban-Graben was inaugurated in 1936. A first enlargement came in 1980, when the Kunstmuseum Basel | Gegenwart opened its doors; a third venue, known as the Neubau, was added in 2016. [source]