Basilica and Monastery of Santi Giovanni e Paolo in Rome 1809
by Josephus Augustus Knip
At the far right is Clivus Scauri, an ancient road spanned by seven brick arches leading to the square before the church. Part of the church itself is visible, the splendid Romanesque apse adorned with a frieze of round arches on pillars. Further to the left is the Romanesque bell tower with the adjacent monastery complex.
- Courtesy of Rijksmuseum