Artworks have been added to favourites 301 times.
Alexander Daniloff is a Russian artist and illustrator, born in 1963.
After finishing his studies at the Theater School of Niznij Novgorod (Russia) in 1990, he immediately entered to the artistic life and achieved remarkable success since his first exhibitions both in Russia and abroad.
From 1987 to 2000 he participated in numerous solo and group exhibitions in Nizhni Novgorod, Moscow, Norilsk (Russia); Amsterdam, Venlo, Horst, Heusden (Netherlands); Barcelona (Spain); Helsinki (Finland); in San Francisco and Los Angeles (United States).
Since 1994 he collaborates with the Dutch gallery "IROK".
In 2000 he moved to Italy where he lives and works now as a professional artist.
For 4 years he has collaborated as an illustrator with City Theatre of Rovigo for creating illustrations for playbills.
In Italy Alexander has painted the standards for the Knight Games of Sulmona in 2009; Massa Marittima,
San Giovanni d'Asso, Gualdo Tadino in 2010, Lucca and Castel Madama in 2011.
He has created three decks of the Tarot published in 2012 and 2014 and illustrated some books.
Since 2000, he has participated in many solo and group exhibitions in Italy (Rome, Milan, Turin, Bologna, Florence, Lucca, Viareggio, Forte dei Marmi, Arezzo, Padua, Rovigo, Ferrara, Verona, Mantua, Castelfranco Veneto, Castelfranco Emilia, Dobbiaco, Pieve di Cadore, Fiuggi, Arcevia, Bari, Augusta, Roccamonfina, Palermo); in the Netherlands in the gallery "IROK" (Horst, Panningen); in Hungary (Budapest) in the Russian Cultural Center; in Austria (Vienna) in the Russian Centre of Science and Culture and Dorotheum Auction House. Of which the most important solo exhibitions are:
• "Mysteries, metamorphosis and other" Workshop of the Memory and Image, Fiuggi, 2015
• "Metamorphosis", gallery "Things in itself", Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, 2013
• "About the Game," Art Studio Ottovolarte, Florence, 2012
• "The signs of the myth," Palace of Bank Foundation del Monte di Lucca, Lucca, 2012
• "Imaginary Trip", hall of the municipal palace, Capannori (LU), 2011
• solo exhibitions, gallery "Things in itself", Nizhny Novgorod, Russia, 2010
• "Cartomania", gallery "Quadrupede", Rome, 2010
• "Journey illusive", Russian National Center of Culture, Budapest, Hungary, 2009
• "Patavinitas", Paolo Maffei Art, Padua, 2008
• solo exhibitions, municipal gallery ENGLOS Dobbiaco (Bz), 2007
• solo exhibitions, Gallery Agostiniana, Rome. 2004
• solo exhibitions, Sale del Bramante, Rome. 2002
• "Angels & Warriors", gallery Gi Art Bi, Castelfranco Emilia, 2002
• "Imaginary Trip", Sala Gran Guardia, Rovigo, 2001
• "Reverberations of the past," municipal gallery "Palette", Pieve di Cadore (BL), 2000
Participation in Art Fairs in Italy: Artexpo (2012, Arezzo), “Giorni d'Arte” (2012, Carrara),
“Immagine” (2003, Reggio Emilia), “Arte Padova” (2002, Padua), “Artisti a Torino” (2001, Turin)
Daniloff's paintings are in the Museum of Contemporary Art of Vladivostok,
in the National Gallery of Nizhni Novgorod and in Art Gallery of Norilsk (Russia);
in the Art Gallery of Donetsk and in the Museum of Fairy Tales of Kiev (Ukraine);
in the collections of the Foundation of Dario Mellone and Bank Foundation del Monte di Lucca (Italy);
as well as in private collections in Russia, Israel, Finland, USA, Canada, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, England, Italy and Netherlands.
Travel in real and mythological times and change the decorations and costumes help to create that sort of theatrical dramatization as a way of artistic thinking and integral part of the style of Daniloff , which allows him to achieve in painting a special grace, to shows at the same time festivities and drama of theatrical life.
The stylization is accompanied by a sweet irony that penetrate into delicate vibration of art material, into simplification drawing and into delicate coloristic harmony.
The precision, flexibility of drawing and subtlety of the harmonies of color of his paintings, allow us to speak about free movement of artists within tradition of painting, on the decision eternal discussion between light and shadow, line and color.