The Huntington Museum of Art is an art museum located in the hills above Ritter Park in Huntington, West Virginia. It first opened in 1952 as The Huntington Galleries and came under its current name in 1987. Housed on over 50 acres of land and occupying almost 70,000 square feet, it is the largest art museum in West Virginia. The campus is also home to nature trails and the Fred C. Edwards conservatory, a subtropical plant conservatory. The collections include American and European paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, as well as glass pieces manufactured in West Virginia and the Ohio Valley, American folk art, Chinese and Japanese decorative items, 18th and early 19th century British silver, Haitian art, firearms, and material culture objects from the Near East. In addition to its permanent collections the museum hosts traveling exhibitions and houses the James D. Francis Art Research Library, the Grace Rardin Dougherty Auditorium, and five art studios where artists in residence are periodically hosted.
The grounds are also home to the C. Fred Edwards Conservatory, West Virginia's only plant conservatory. It features numerous "subtropical plants and seasonal displays" where guided tours are offered upon request. [source]